We were so lucky to have had so many people supporting us throughout the pregnancy! Both mine and Alex's work thew us SURPRISE showers, so that was so much fun! I had a girls shower in Nashville with friends and family and a couples' shower in Memphis. Needless to say, Maclaine was feeling tons of love before she even arrived and we're so grateful to our families and friends!
We started decorating the nursery in January and it turned out super cute! We were going for fun and not the typical pastel nursery. We painted the walls an aqua blue with red, pink & white accents. I think we accomplished the fun part - it's so bright but we love it!
LOVE the monogram. I ordered it from Etsy and I think it's my favorite part of the room. My dad made the bookshelves on the wall and mom made the crib skirt and curtains.
The picture below is art that I made to go above the changing table. I didn't take an "after" picture of that wall, but this is the in-progress picture. I'll try to go back and take one... with the way I work, check back for the update in a year or so. ;)
My sister, Lindsey, took maternity pictures of us when we were in Memphis for our couples' shower. We loved the way they turned out! Maternity pictures weren't one of those things that I felt like I just had to do but I'm so glad we ended up doing them! I will love to have them to look back on. We actually have a couple of these pictures on the wall above the changing table that you'll probably never see! :)
Here are a few pics from that photo shoot. We had so much fun taking them!
There you go! An extremely fast-forwarded version of the last half of my pregnancy. I'll stay in fast-forward mode a little while longer since Maclaine is already 3 months old! I can't believe how fast time is going by!



No comments:
Post a Comment